Monday, June 6, 2011

My Travel Companion

I have one pit-stop to make today. And that would be to the bookstore to pick up my travel companions.

I first heard about the Camino from the author Paulo Coelho. And I was reminded of this beginning in a conversation with one of my customers over the weekend. She said "Heard of Santiago in a PC book. Not sure if it is the same!" "Yes!" was my reply. But I neglected to add that while it was through the same source, I have yet to actually read the book. And it would not be my travel companion en-route but it's next sibling The Alchemist that I would be lost in on my 24 hour journey to Madrid.

For the Alchemist talks about chasing one's personal legend. And this is exactly what I am doing. And really, this post should have come before the one I just posted. Cos it would then give you some idea as to why I have this fear. Perhaps even, I should dig through my other blog and find the post that will again give you, the reader, some context as to where I am coming from.

As Paulo says in one of his post about the Personal Legend: I know many people who, when they are within reach of their Personal Legend, make a series of silly mistakes and do not attain their objective – when it was just one step away.

I am one such person. I cannot begin to tell you the extent to which I have been one such person. Even now, a day away from leaving, I am thinking perhaps I am not going to succeed.

And so The Alchemist shall be my float when I am making my way to my starting point. I am betting all I have that this lil book shall keep me open while you storm Heaven's Door to guide my steps to Sarria.

No comments:

Post a Comment