Friday, October 14, 2011

Road to Rome

"All roads leads to Rome" it is said. And though Rome was scheduled for 2013 summer, it has now taken a new twist ~ flying in would be cheating since there exist a pilgrimage on foot.

A lot of thought and praying needs to be done before a final solid cannot-turn-back decision is made. Apparently the Via Francigena is not as established as the Camino to Santiago. I have to be:

1) Mentally prepared to stop many times and figure my way out as the route is not as clearly marked as the Camino is.

2) Physically prepared to go as long as I need to as accommodations are not as frequently interjected along the way.

3) Spiritually prepared to do a lot of "listening" as I would likely be very often be all by myself (me and my own head!)

If I can for some strange reason overcome all the above factors that are already overwhelming me, it would be monumental for 2013 would again be a "big" year personally.

I once said if I had to go and walk again, it would mean that I did not learn enough the first time round. But looking at this now - I retract what I said earlier. For IF I do go and walk again, it would simply mean that God has again given me blessings so great and un-thought of before that the only way to repay him is to walk the way his apostles did to praise and glorify His Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment