Tuesday, November 8, 2011

At the end of it

My church has been disseminating information on the Camino as some holy tour company has decided that this is the "new" destination for Malaysians / Asians to head towards.

I am slightly disappointed as those who are keen associate it with the journey I undertook. And the disappointment stems purely from the fact that they will be walking a mere small fraction of the way and bussing it for the rest.

A family friend recently remarked to my dad how their pilgrimage to either Lourdes or Fatima (I forget!) was so uncomfortable, how the roads and buses in Europe are bad. I listen to it with utter disdain.

How unChristian, I know! But I'd like to believe that if one choses to embark on a pilgrimage - it is the journey there that matters, and not the end itself.

To each their own, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment