Saturday, May 28, 2011

10 To Go

It hit me like a cold splash on the face as I read Rick Steve's excerpt from his article.

"Whenever I'm here, I make a point to be on the town square facing the towering Cathedral of St. James at around 10:00 in the morning. That's when scores of well-worn pilgrims march in triumphantly from their last overnight on the Camino de Santiago (the Way of St. James)."

I have 9 days before I get on the plane to Madrid and add 1 to it before I embark on my trek. Having had time in between to think about (and perhaps as some consolation for not training as much as I would have liked to), I have come to see that doing Stage 8 out of 8 is actually nothing. I mean, I will be up alongside those who have done the full 800 kilometers.

I am finally putting aside time to get my pack organised. Still in two minds about how many dry-lux tops I should get from Uniglo. I mean, with each costing RM 80 - I am hoping 1 to wear-wash-dry would be enough. And in any case, while the weather should be a concern (and here I say a big THANKS to my colleague Sam who has given me 2 waterproof ponchos), I must not lose sight of the bigger thing:

"The church is back-lit by the rising sun and, looking up, the weary pilgrims squint...small before God."

That said - I am now officially extremely anxious. Please double up your prayers for me - I need to be really, Really, REALLY small before God come the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment