Monday, May 23, 2011

The Journey, Not End

I did 2.88 kilometer this evening in 31 minutes. That is well within my planned time of 5 kilometers per hour for my camino. But something hit me as I was going downhill in the neighbourhood - it's the journey, not the end that counts.

It is what happens in my mind, my body and my soul as I make my way from village to village, town to town. And not the physical crossing into Santiago de Compostela itself that counts.

So really, while I can train and set target times, there is really nothing that should stress me out if I want to find a rock to sit and type something out. Or just stand on the edge and have a hymn play over and over again on my player simply because it was appropriate.

I have to bear this in mind. That it is the journey - the entire 117.5 kilometers. And not the end point itself.

Having said that - I still think I will, in all likelihood, be so relieved in Santiago that I will probably go on my knees and kiss the ground!

Ever onward - 14 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment