Friday, April 1, 2011

Ready, Set...

So doing the pilgrimage of the Way of St James has been something I thought about for the last 2 years. For many reasons, it was never possible.

As of yesterday evening, I made a pledge that this will be done THIS year enroute to Ireland and so we have the Countdown to El Camino.

This blog is going to capture the my personal road to Santiago de Compostela because while saying "I'll do it" is a step forward, actually getting there will be another journey of its own.

The grand plan is to travel from KL to Spain on 8th June and make my way to Sarria to begin the 107.5 km trek. If all goes well, I shall walk into the city on the morning of 15th June. Attend the Pilgrim's Mass at noon, then make my way to the airport and Ireland by evening. Hopefully the soles of my feet would still be in love with me and I'll be able to continue on to the rest of summer.

Oh well. Maybe it'll go away soon enough! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment