Monday, April 11, 2011

The Climb

I did a simulation training session today, taking advantage of the quietness of the gym (tho I was very wrong on that note - a lot of people thought the same too!). Went and hit the "rolling hills" mode today for the distance of my longest stretch.

What I have done in my planning is breaking down each day's trek into bite-size pieces. Most days will see me going about 3 legs, with the shortest being 3 kilometers (only one!!!) and the longest shifting between 9 and 10 kilometers. Distance and climb per day ranges as you can see from the picture below:

From today I realised a couple of things:
  1. I definitely need a proper pair of shoes - fortunately for me, New Balance seems to be a pretty good bet and they are on sale at the mo'!
  2. I need to start thinking about my food intake at least a week before I leave - If a 10 km stretch is burning close to 700 calories, I could possibly end up looking like a malnourished person when I arrive in Ireland for my meeting or I could be putting on weight as my body shuts down. Maybe I should include a bag of rice in my packing list...
Oh well. I suppose I should not let it daunt me. Afterall, knowing all these things with 57 days to go - I will at least be mentally prepared. As Miley Cyrus says:
Keep on Moving
Keep on Climbing
Keep the Faith!



No comments:

Post a Comment