Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Anxiety

I got a letter in the mail today - one of those that comes sealed on all sides and can only be opened by tearing through the "tear-here" lines. I hate those. None of them has ever brought me any joy - EPF statements included. But this one was different.

It was from one of the two banks that is reviewing my mortgage application. It says Change of Telephone Numbers and then went on to list all the contact numbers I had stated in my application. I have sent it on to my broker and she is of the thought that it was an update notice, possibly from my previous accounts with them. But get this - I have never transacted or initiated any form of relationship with this bank!

Day 3 of 5 has come to an end and while we only have a couple days to know of the outcome, I cannot help but be anxious. And somewhat puzzled by today's mailman's delivery. Part of me wants to believe that this is God giving me a sign to quell my anxiety and stress over the matter. Part of me thinks this is some silly computer glitch aimed at getting my hopes up. And whatever bits that is left is kicking me to no end for fussing about one dull looking envelope!

Mum said something truly profound today (before calling me Doubting Thomas of course). And it went something like this: If we, as humans crossing this 5 days, are driving ourselves to the brink with anxiety on the outcome of one little thing, how then can we aim to walk the way of Christ? Especially when He knew that he was going to die by way of crucifixion?! Our situation is not one of life nor death. His was right in His face - DIE, after being tortured of course.

Perhaps the first part of me maybe right. Regardless, it was a nice 5 minutes of hope and possibilities. For that, I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment