Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Beginning

Many moons ago, I sat down one night and wrote the following. It has never been said, never be showed. I suppose, as with the saying "All things in His Time", it is apt that it is the beginning of this log.

The website I use as an online dictionary defines “faith” as follows:

Faith ~ Noun

1.     Confidence or trust in a person or thing
2.     Belief that is not based on proof
3.     Belief in God or in the doctrines or teaching of religion
4.     The obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc
5.     The trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which human are justified or saved

I am 33 years of age, and I have always liked to think that I live myself by my Faith. Yet, I am increasingly beginning to see that there is a big difference between “living a life” and “walking the path of life in Faith.

Psalm 23 says:
The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need.
He lets me rest in fields of green grass
And leads me to quiet pools of fresh water.
He gives me new strength.
He guides me in the right paths,
As he has promised.

It has been a tiring day. A real test of faith and I am trying to find solace in these words. These words that came to mind as I sat and watched the telly yesterday evening. I did not think then as I flipped my Bible for the full psalm, that I would be relying on these words tonight.

I should have known then, on hindsight. For I am the JourneyMan’s Daughter. And even if this road is not one of my choosing, I am on it regardless. And walk it I must. For my future was mapped out, even before I was born.

When Dad wrote his book, I could not find it in me to contribute a memory, a sharing, or a thought. I did not think that years down the line, I would be sitting here on a rainy evening, starting one of my own. I did not think that years down the road, I would see myself worth, my life’s story worthy, of putting down into words.

And so while Faith hangs thin tonight on this weary soul, there is the thought, the belief that there is still higher ground to be reached. And the only way I am to muster strength on reaching it, is to not go into it alone.

And so the JourneyMan’s Daughter must start her walk… on her own Faith Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment