Sunday, April 17, 2011

Perceptions

There is always two options to view what life deals you: Cup is either half empty or half full.

My dad tried to post a comment to my last log yesterday - which was hilarious cos he rung me to ask me how to post a comment to my blog *lol* (Yes Dad - let's find humour in the simplest things.) And when we failed (Yes - shame on me the blogger!), he told me instead what he wanted to write here.

Words like "sadness" and "destroy" and "restore" would have been a key feature of what he wanted to say. And I was thinking to myself - Oh no! My grief has gathered the power of an emotional tsunami, engulfing all around me! And I have to remember the advise that I dish out to my candidates who did not make the cut: Give yourself x-days to grieve over this, then take a deep breath and move on!

So today, Palm Sunday - the start of the final week of this year's Lent, I shall aim to adopt the perception that I think Jesus had as He entered the gates of Jerusalem. A mix of bittersweet emotions but always keeping the end goal in mind. And I'd like to believe, like all other human beings, He too went through a period of grief.

What is depleted today, can be replenished in time to come. This is my further lesson in patience (which is my one bane in life - a complete lack off!) And as a dear friend of mine said in an email to me last week - I completely understand where you're coming from. On the other hand, I am certain God gave you this current role for a reason and I KNOW you will make it.. you're too smart to let this eat you up!

As Viktor Frankl said - Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone’s task is unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.

So Dad - let's not mull over this any longer. With 50 days to go, if you want to help me - make sure you ask me everyday if I have made it to the gym for the day and walked the distance I was suppose to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment