Wednesday, April 6, 2011

G&G

I must have checked my phone a thousand times today! Hoping I'd see familiar numbers, even as a missed call. For nothing is worse (to me!!) than the sound of silence. But yet, it was not as I had hoped. And the day passed long and slow, even as I tried to wear myself out at the gym, lifting heavier, running harder, climbing higher.

Today was down right rotten to the point, I did not want to open this page and lodge my thoughts for today. Today was down right rotten to the point that when I had rung my children and was told my dad wanted to speak to me, my pressure just shot through the roof and my impatience started to brew  with the thoughts "Dear God, please don't let him ask if I have heard anything!" (Sorry Dad!)

But God knows better. And as with all things, there is a time and a place that has been charted. For while I may have skipped my spiritual preparation this morning due to laziness, I also think that I would not have appreciated it as much as I do, if I did not have the day that I did.

Today's scripture readings invites us to surrender our desire for control and to place our trust in Jesus whom God has sent both to redeem us and to show us the way. And we can learn about which way is His way either by reading the Bible or through the gift of discernment.

When I decided that this was perhaps something I could afford to do, I only had one request to make - Could you help me discern if this is to be. I had tweeted not so long ago - Man asks, God answered.

I would like to say I am ending this day in a state of grace. But I feel that perhaps "repentance" would be more apt a word to use. And needless to say, as a weight lifts from my shoulders, it is also a state of gratitude.

Thank you for life
Thank you for everything
I stand here in Grace and Gratitude
And I thank you ...

Whatever tomorrow brings, life has already changed!
Lyrics excerpt from
Grace and Gratitude
by Olivia Newton John

No comments:

Post a Comment