Monday, April 11, 2011

Lord Hear My Prayer

Lord,
You said to go to You, those who are weary
So here I am Lord.
For I have no where else to go,
No one else to seek solace from.
No one to dry these tears that fall tonight
as my heart lays broken and my soul flies betrayed.

Lord,
Give me the strength to carry out what is asked of me,
Just as you hung on the cross, as Your Father asked of you.

Lord,
Grant me clarity of sight
So that I may see that Your blessings in heaven
is heavier in its weight
Than human appreciation on earth.

Lord,
Help me forgive the battles I have had to fight,
Arguments that haunts me each and every time I come round this bend.
That while it may feel as if folks have let me down,
You have always silently had my back.

Lord,
Gently comfort me as I lay my own dreams and plans aside again,
That I will come to realise that my plans are not Your will.
That expectations and hopes have no place in a life of surrender.

Lord, help me see all these
Before I embark on this physical journey
As it would all be in nought
If it is not done in Your name.

So take my hand and lift me higher
Be my love and my desire
Hold me safe
and honor bound
Take my heart to higher ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment