Saturday, April 9, 2011

Terrain

I have been trying the whole of today, seeing it is the weekend, to muster the strength and right attitude to post today. Unfortunately, it is one of those days where nothing you say or do is right in the eyes of others.

I have had to rethink a lot of things in the last 24 hours and remind myself consistently of the whys at this juncture of life. I also had to constantly tell myself that things on earth do not last, and I should not expect them to last. That everyone is made differently - even if your origins had some commonality.

But I think the most energy-draining thing I did today was to request if a certain couple would agree to be executors of my will. With this foray into strange lands, and my young'uns having no one else to depend upon financially but me - it was just one of those things that must be done before leaving. It was painful, both in making the request (it'll probably be addressed at some point in the next 60-something days) and in knowing that life is so transient.

I somehow had it in my head last week, that in deciding to embark on this life-enlightening journey, it would be nothing but joy and peace from that day onwards. I should have known better that there is no such thing as a leveled-ground to walk upon.

Just as the terrain that I will physically attempt to conquer in June is a daily mix of up-hill climbs and downhill slopes on mostly graveled roads, it is just the same to be said for my emotions.

It is a downhill day. Hopefully, tomorrow would be a better climb upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment