Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Responding...

I showed Dad this blog today. And it was a moment of hold-your-breath! I mean, after all, he wrote the book that so many hundreds of people have read and are still reading! What is this lil journal of daily spiritual challenges, compared to that feat?!

But as I came home and read today's bible reading and reflection (which left me puzzled at first on the connection to today), it dawned on me that I have nothing to be shy about.

Walking the Camino was something that I decided to do in tandem with this blog ala Julie-Julia. Because I know the 117 km is only the final stretch. It is the prep (spiritual, mental and physical) that is the journey. And that is the part that is most daunting.

Yet, there I was - losing faith in my original intent and thinking perhaps, I should just keep it to myself!

I have read on the Camino forums of folks sharing their desire to embark on it. And something is always holding them back. I hope tonight's posting helps in someway to realise that perhaps we're being called to something new and something different, which hopefully in time to come, would bear fruit and support life!

No comments:

Post a Comment