Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blurry Eyed

It is officially a very long day! Bright and early this morning to make it for morning Mass (hoping for a last minute leg-up boost of faith!) then on to brekkie with mum and dad (can't really recall when we last sat down for breakfast!) and then on to the airport.

The flight was uneventful. Simply because I kept to what I have been saying which is "I am gonna get on that plane and sleep!" And sleep I did. Right up to when the plane landed at Doha International Airport. Tried to catch 2 movies but well, I know how they both started and how they both ended. Just don't expect the details in between.

It is now a 11-ish hours of stillness and silence. Thought I had kept enough work to be finished in this time, but alas - all done! Geez, I should really learn one-finger typing just to slow time down. Am contemplating if I want to spend USD 40 for the use of the lounge for 6 hours. Apart from the food - there really isn't much appeal of spending the money.

Plus the fact that my luggage came in at 20 kgs, which is 5 kgs over my Camino transfer allowance. So there is a possibility that there is gonna be some extra charge there - fingers crossed that God will touch the heart of the man in charge of the transfer and he will let this girl get away with it. Yes, gotta practice my "Asian-girl"smile for maximum impact later :D

Even as I sit here, staring out at a barren landscape (imagine a very badly designed and managed Farmville farm in Adobe mode!), it hasn't really sunk in yet that I am already on the move and there is no turning back. And I can bet you that even as I spend my day in Madrid tomorrow, it would still 100% unreal.

Maybe it is the glare from the tarmac in front of me. Maybe it is all my sleep debts creeping up on me. Whatever it is, I shall try to "doubt no more".

No comments:

Post a Comment