Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 3: Palas de Rei to Arzua

I am ashamed. Here I am, a 35 ½ year old, with all my limbs intact, my health and fitness level in good conditions and I am struggling majorly to finish this walk.

It took me over 11 hours to get to where I am right now. While the bright side is that I am under 40 km away from my destination, I am still not pleased.

I just chanced upon my 2nd pair of Irish walkers. And the shocking thing is this: the man has only half of 1 leg. And he looked mighty fine, lounging in the chair downstairs while I look and feel like something the cat dragged in.

This is a treacherous leg – no wonder many organisers advise that you break it up into 2 bits. I am trying to remember why then did I decide to do this same distance tomorrow. Just so I have a lil bit left on my last day?

So many things have not gone as planned on this trip. While it has allowed me to open my eyes a bit more, I am also struggling with the loss of control. I should be out there right now, having my dinner, chatting with more folks about the experience. Instead, I am smelling like last week’s vegetables and aching in places I never knew existed on my body.

Maybe I am lacking focus here – after all, isn’t this supposed to be about surrendering?

With 1 day left, I am now worried – would this all be for nothing in the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment