Monday, June 13, 2011

The Home Stretch

The cocks are crowing and the birds are chipping. Some folks living at this restored farmhouse with me have already loaded up and headed off.

I am taking this morning to savour the pain and the mystery. As my girlfriend said: I have walked over 100 km!

For this last bit, I am not gonna think. Gonna do as Lisa said: Empty myself. Is there more to be emptied? Yes, I think there is. Just gonna run it through the sugarcane press one more time. And I know I will cos it is downhill from here on out before the city comes into sight.

I cannot imagine what I will do. I do not want to imagine - but as we know me, I have to try very hard at that!

El Camino is coming to an end but again as Bon Jovi says: Every New Beginning is some beginning's end.

Here's to my new beginning then! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment