Saturday, June 11, 2011

Prayers

Twice today, after talking with people and answering their questions of Why I am on the Camino, I have had persons - perfect strangers - asked if they could pray for me. It happened on the trail and it happened again this evening.

I was all ready to crawl into bed and hole up for the night some 3 hours ago with my book. But the sounds of this Puerto Rican group who is travelling the Camino and playing folk hymns from their country wherever they stop at night was just calling out to me. And I thought to myself: I didn't come all this way to read my book! I could have just done that at home and save all the pain.

So into the muchos frio (very cold) night air I went and it was a sight! And a blessing. For if you remember from my earlier post, the pains of this body was so great it was beginning to get to me. So to hear Psalm 66 being sung in a language I did not understand - man! That blew me away!

And it lead on to a conversation with a group of ladies, one of whom I had met at lunch today and we got to talking. And their prayer for me, at the end of the evening (I can't bring myself to call it night cos right now, the sky is still so damn bright!), was exactly what I had needed - a reminder of all the things that is good.

If you recall last week, I had written about this expected profound change after all this is done and dusted. Something concrete that is to stay with me and within me. Right up till tonight, I could not see what it was. And the fog has lifted. And it is simply this: That I remain open to all things and persons around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment