Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bringing it all Home

It is quite funny that even running on just 3 1/2 hours of very poor sleep, and aching limbs, I can still sit down and pen down my thoughts for the day.

A week from now, I will be in Madrid. Probably sitting in some cafe, trying to make that cup of coffee last for 6 hours, and trying not to get anxious to the point that I go straight to the airport and buy a ticket for Dublin. Nah - just kidding. Would I be that stupid? Right - don't answer that and yes, I do know how to spell ID10T.

But before I get to the start of the week, there are still two working days left. From what was to be a slowing down time, it has instead over the course of the week, ramped up to full steam ahead.

And the most hilarious part of it all would be this interview that a magazine has scheduled with me (yes, moi!) on the topic of "How I Came to Own My Dream Home). As I wrote earlier this evening in my Facebook page - they should be interviewing my parents instead!

Nonetheless it weighs heavy on my mind tonight - I mean, I can't even begin to describe to you what kind of home I would eventually like to own and live in! This pea-size brain has yet to develop the power to think beyond this week! So what answers could I actually give that would make this story different?

And if I were to look back on it all, with 7 days to go - perhaps the more serious question would be: should I even attempt to explain religion-ie things in a commercial publication? Cos let's face it - we all know that if my dreams have anything to do with it, a 20x60 house with no green around would be a nightmare of epic proportions! (No offense Mum & Dad - I just need my grass is all.)

To add to all this wonderment, tomorrow is the Feast of Ascension - where the sheep becomes the shepherd. And this trek that I am going on, is purported to be the same steps that one such shepherd took in his lifetime.

I know there is a lesson in all this - the timing of it all. I can write it down to my mortgage broker's idea that I'd be an excellent walking billboard for them. But at the same time, I cannot help but also believe that this is no mere coincidence.

Wisdom is definitely so not in the house tonight! Let's hope two antihistamines and a full night's sleep in a nice smelling bed will beckon it on in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment