Friday, June 3, 2011

A Way Where There Is None

It is the beginning of the month. And my lil Mickey Mouse company is weathering storms the size of those from Pirates of the Caribbean. Yet, the end of the storm is in sight - all we need to do is pass through, holding on by the skin of our teeth and we'll come out better than before.

One of the consequence of this storm is of course, the boss herself facing massive financial crisis. But this morning, I am grateful. For while I am not able to pay myself through my own company, I have been fortunate enough to have been blessed with small projects in the last couple of months - the household budget AND my trip next week is saved.

I did the first part of the pilgrim process here in KL yesterday - I went and made my confession just before Mass, well within the 15 day window. There wasn't a long list of sins to confess but for me - quality over quantity. It was important to state on record with the One Above that I realise I was wrong to have been so angry with Him, and to have not seen it as His Bigger picture.

For without the hard work that He put my way, I would not be financially afloat today. Without putting that massive pile of bricks called a mortgage before me, I would have been fine to have just relied on one source of income. And again - today, I would be weeping buckets for a trip that would have had to be canceled.

There are lots about me that you do not know but which you will come to know over the course of the next 10 days or so. For to glorify His Name, one has to lay bare one's soul and life's story. The aim is not to convert - but in some small way, to give hope. For if I can be a recipient of His Blessings, then so could any one else - if you believe in the deepest depth of your heart.

Regardless of what you call Him - Abba, Allah, Tuhan - take heart that no troubles is too big for the anchor of your faith.

My bank balance this morning is a fine example of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment