Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 1: Ice Cream Woes

After a very long trek halfway around the world, I have arrived in Madrid. And for the 1st hour, there I was thinking to myself - Well done Barbsie, you aín´t doing too badly afterall. I got on the right trains and made it to the train station. I even understood directions in Spanish as to how to get to the station actual from the Metro.

And that was the end of my bliss. Dropping my luggage off at the lockers took 45 minutes, with 3 scans. Just because I didn´t have exact change. AND this country cannot be more anal when it comes to security - I couldn´t leave my bag in there while I ran to get change and when I got back in, beep-beep scan again!

I have 12 hours before my train to Sarria. I am sorely tempted to just sit here at the station, forget the tours and all that I had planned for Madrid because I am so tired and cannot take any more distress.

And then I remember - this is the adventure! So onward I go. Hopefully on the 10 metro stations to my next stop, I will be able to remember more than just ´Hola´and ´helados´´!

No comments:

Post a Comment